Hi

I have a web app that use's PHP/Mysql/MYISAM. I am starting to think I need
INNODB table type.

Scenario 1:
I have noticed that if two users open a record to edit it
in two different browsers
and they edit the same field and then click update,
the last user/browser gets written to the db,
where the first users data is over written.

I would hope it would write user ones info then write user twos info,
without over writing user ones updates....

Will INNODB table type fix Scenario 1?

If so will my current php code I have need to be edited to use innodb?
I thought
when reading about innodb that it will handle updates with out specifying
begin; commit;?
"UPDATE ... SET ... WHERE ...: sets an exclusive next-key lock on every
record the search encounters."

Or in my php do I need to ;

 BEGIN WORK;

update statement;