hi,

Thanks for the response.
I thought update is for existing records and insert is to add new records?

My Scenario is if two users open an existing record with data already in the
fields. They then add
some information to the end of a field with data.
Now when they click update the last user/browser gets written to the db,
where the first users data is over written.

I thought innodb would help this..

user a:                             user b:
pulls up record 5                   pulls up record 5
adds/appends line to field b        adds/appends line to field b
clicks update first                 clicks update second

user b's line is added/appended to record 5, user a's line is overwritten
not even seen.

Ron