HI,

I have an OSX Server 10.2.8 that came with MYSQL installed. I have used the
utility to start it, but don't see it running when I use Process Viewer or
when I query the terminal I think ps ax.

So I have two questions.

How do I find out what the Username and Password are for MYSQL.

Second question. How can I verify that it is running.

When I run http://servername/info.php it say mySQL is enabled.

Can I do a query or something from the terminal or someother way to verify
that it is in fact running, or not?

Like many others, I think I am just struggling with getting things set up at
first. Then I should be OK.

Thanks for any help that can be offered. Even off line if necessary.

Sincerely,

Mark Weiss
Vancouver, WA