> I have Mysql 4.0.13 installed. I need to know if upgrading is an option
> or if installing the latest binary is a better option.
>
> To be more candid, I have finished the install with the following
> config. Not so much content yet...Just some pictures that can be
> uploaded again.
>
> Windows 2000 Advanced Server
> Apache 2.0.47
> PHP 4.3.4
> Mysql 4.0.13
> Geeklog 1.3.8sr3
>
> The Geeklog part is my weblog that I used to design the site. However
> the problem after I finished the installation was that people were not
> getting images loaded on their browser from the internet. One person in
> particular said they got a POSIX ERROR 54. and I really do not know what
> this error meant and neither did the other person.
>
> So I have decided to start the whole thing from scratch and take it one
> step at a time, but in doing so, install the latest stable version of
> all the softwares that I used before.
>
> Now the question is can mysql be upgraded the way it is now or would an
> uninstall be better and installing the latest stable version of mysql?
>
> Secondly, if the 4.0.13 is very stable and recommended, would
> uninstalling apache and installing the 2.0.48 of Apache without doing
> anything to mysql be okay?

Note that Apache 2 is not recommended for use with PHP. You should be using
Apache version 1.3.28 with PHP. I just did a quick check of the PHP site --
<http://www.php.net/> -- in hopes of providing a link to that
recommendation, but could not find anything. However, I've seen it mentioned
several times on the PHP general discussion list.

HTH

--
Lowell Allen