> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>>> DVD_Actor:
>>> dvd_ID REFERENCES DVD
>>> actor_ID REFERNCES Actor
>>
>> Is this how you setup a join table ?
>
> Yes.
>

>> what exactly is the references keyword ?
>
> It indicates a foreign key. Full syntax is something like:
> dvd_ID CONSTRAINT dvc_fk FOREIGN KEY REFERENCES DVD (dvd_ID)
>
> Read the manual *very* carefully before using foreign keys in
> MySQL when you have an Oracle background.
>
> Jochem

Ok i'm setting up the foreign key relations in the main table is that bad ?
I use a join table for a one to many situation. The cool thing about
setting it up in the main table is, say you delete an actor you can setup a
cascade delete to delete all the dvd titles aswell ;) I'm using sqlyog
which has a nice relationship setup feature.