you should be able to use STR_REPLACE.

update 02093_xdir_links SET title = REPLACE("*","",title);

hth
jeff

                      "Bob Cohen"

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                      ve.com>                  cc:

                                               Subject:  RegExp Help

                      01/21/2004 10:55

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      bcohen

Sorry for the newbie question.
[Begin]$Groveling_non-programmer_string_of_excuses[End].  I imported a
bunch of records into a table.  One of the fields came through bracketed
in double quotes, e.g., "field data".  I want remove the double quotes
but not the data bracketed within. E.g., "field data" to field data.

Here's my stab at the SQL:

UPDATE "02093_xdir_links"
SET title "*"
WHERE title REGEXP"["]*["]";

Will this work?.  Is there a better way? Did I get it right?  Normally
I'd just experiment but this is a live database.

Thanks in advance.

Bob Cohen
b.p.e.Creative
http://www.bpecreative.com
Design and production services for the web
Put creative minds to work for you