wow, one post, two mistakes.  how right you are.  sorry.

update 02093_xdir_links SET title = REPLACE("\"","",title);
you may/may not need to escape the ".

hth
Jeff

                      "Bob Cohen"

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]>
                      ve.com>                  cc:

                                               Subject:  RE: RegExp Help

                      01/21/2004 01:47

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      bcohen

> >you should be able to use STR_REPLACE.
>       DOH.  Sorry, there is NO STR_REPLACE its just REPLACE.
>       jd
>
> >update 02093_xdir_links SET title = REPLACE("*","",title);

Thank you very much for responding.  Sorry to be dense but will this SQL
find only those records with data in the TITLE field that are bracketed
in double quotes and remove ONLY the quotes?

E.g., Change the record from:

Id    Title       Address                 City
State       Zip
1     "Joe"       1313 Mockingbird Lane   Transylvania      PA
02098
 ^^^^^

Id    Title       Address                 City
State       Zip
1     Joe         1313 Mockingbird Lane   Transylvania      PA
02098
 ^^^

To my untrained eye it looks like the REPLACE, as you wrote it above,
searches the title field for anything e.g., "*".  And replaces it with
nothing "".

Thanks.

Bob Cohen
b.p.e.Creative
http://www.bpecreative.com
Design and production services for the web
Put creative minds to work for you