From: Richard Tibbetts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Brian Power <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CC: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: anybody used prepared statements in 4.1 succesfully?
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 08:18:45 -0500

Since you aren't using the C API directly, you should make sure your API is actually using prepared statements. I don't know anything about Connector/J, but for example, last I checked, the Perl DBI mysql modules didn't really prepare statements when you called the prepare method. This is of course because they haven't been upgraded to use the new features yet.

Even if you did use the C API, I would be surprised if you get
prepared statements working successfully. In my experience they have
major bugs, at least in the current 4.1 alphas. Hopefully these bugs
get fixed real soon now.

Of course, if other people don't find prepared statements to be buggy,
I would love to hear about it, since I really, really want them to be
working properly.

Hope this helps,
Richard