All,

        I am trying to set lower_case_table_names to 1 in my RPM
Red Hat installation.  I have added the following entry to my.cnf:

[mysqld]
datadir=/var/lib/mysql
socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
lower_case_table_names=1

        However, once that mysqld starts, it dies immediately:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] etc]# service mysqld start
Starting MySQL:                                            [  OK  ]
[EMAIL PROTECTED] etc]# service mysqld status
mysqld dead but subsys locked

        I also tried to add it to /usr/bin/safe_mysqld under the default
area; however, I got the same result.

        What is the correct way to set this parameter in Red Hat?

        I looked at the archive, but I was not successful finding
the answer.

Best regards,
Erick Sanz
Senior Unix Administrator
MinorPlanet Systems USA

This email message has been scanned for viruses.