Mauro,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mauro Marcellino" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: mailing.database.myodbc
Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2004 10:44 PM
Subject: InnoDB Backups

> ------=_NextPart_000_00CE_01C3E67E.9D867B90
>
> I have made a couple of other postings related to this but I guess my
> question is:
>
> Can I backup InnoDB tables (binary files) using an open file agent?

what do you mean by an open file agent?

You cannot just copy the ibdata files and ib_logfiles as is, because they
would be inconsistent. A commercial tool to make an online (= hot) binary
backup is InnoDB Hot Backup. A free way to make an online backup is to use
mysqldump.

> If yes...and I am using Automatic COMMITs my backup will be current?
>
>  If I am not using Automatic COMMITs then my backup will contain data =
> up
> to the last COMMIT (In other words, data since the last COMMIT will not
> be included in the backup.  Is this true?
>
> I appreciate any guidance...Thanks Much!
>
> Mauro

Best regards,

Heikki Tuuri
Innobase Oy
http://www.innodb.com
Foreign keys, transactions, and row level locking for MySQL
InnoDB Hot Backup - a hot backup tool for InnoDB which also backs up MyISAM
tables

Order MySQL technical support from https://order.mysql.com/