At a bit of a loss here, I hope there are a few savvy phpmyadmin users out
there.

I generally talk to mysql from the command line, however, I now have a
situation where I need to give phpmyadmin access to uses in a shared
environment.

Currently, I only have MySql running as a datbase server, there is some
limited use of php talking to it as localhost.

The main use, there are many other users that talk to the MySql server from
another machine.

Lets say I have this:
Mysql.me.com <- MySql only server
Php.me.com <- Php only server
(both are separate hostnames and IP's)

In myuser table, I have something like this:
| Php.me.com | database_name  |

There are many entries like that, the database name is all that changes.

This has worked fine for me for ages.  Herein lies the trouble.  If I am not
at Php.me.com, I can not connect. I know this is how it should be, makes
sense.

I want to let users connect from phpmyadmin, this runs on the Mysql.me.com,
I don't want to run phpmyadmin on the Php.me.com server.

Users are therefore not able to connect, they will be rejected since the
Host field is set to Php.me.com.

I guess, first, can I have more than one value in the Host field:
Php.me.com, localhost

I am going to guess that wont work :-(

Does this mean I am forces to add in 2 users for each database, one for
Php.me.com and one for the phpmuadmin localhost connection?

Incidentally, my Host table is empty, have never used this and do not really
know what this is for, perhaps this is the missing link I am looking for,
not entirely sure.

I am pretty against having more than one user record to maintain just to let
various people use phpmyadmin and only see their data, any suggestions are
greatly appreciated.