On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 10:36:34AM -0800, Gowtham Jayaram wrote:
> CONFIGURATION:
[...]
> -   Additionally, I will setup a SCSII controller in
> the Primary and Secondary Application machines so that
> the actual data store (disk drive) runs on another
> physical machine in a disk-array (RAID).

So your servers independently write to the same disk partition through a
SCSI interface? I don't have any experience with this, but I guess you
couldn't even mount the filesystem on the secondary before the primary
goes down. If the primary goes down unexpectedly, your filesystem may be
corrupt unless you use a logging filesystem.

Also, the disks are redundant, but is all hardware in this RAID system
('physical machine') redundant?

> OPERATION:
[...]
> -   If the Primary goes down, the Secondary becomes
> Active and starts to perform the database operations.

If the primary goes down, how do you know that the database is in a good
state, even if the filesystem itself is consistent? I don't think MyISAM
gives you any guarantees in that regard. The secondary would need to run
myisamcheck on the tables before taking over.

Regards,

Fred.

--
Fred van Engen                              XB Networks B.V.
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                Televisieweg 2