Yes , you are correct. There is no GUI with mySQL. You can down load one off the web. look on www.mysql.com. I think they have a free one there. I use SQLyog, but you must pay for that.

I would advise the move to mySQL from access. I did it a month ago and have never looked back.
There is a bit of a learning curve to start with, but if you are in I.T. professionally it's a good thing to have in your toolbox.

From: "Dusan Spisak" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Just simple question...
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 16:03:23 +0100

Hello everybody!

I need to create some simple database. I've started to build it up in Microsoft Access. MS Access was really great for me, it was very easy and user friendly, intuitive. Without any manual I've managed to create a table, to create some views and queries and to prepare reports from them. But, I don't have MS Access at home. I don't want to use illegal software and I am not keen on buying it. That's why I've looked up MySQL. I thought MySQL could be something similar to Access, and for free, so I downloaded it. But now, I've installed it and I realized, that it's something different. There is need to run some server.... and i don't understand it.

Here is my question:
Is it possible to use MySQL in the similar way to Access? Without any servers and administration and clients and controlcenter...? I don't need any network at all, I just would like to create and run some small database for home use. Is it possible in MySQL? And, it seems, there is no user interface in MySQL at all. Am I right?

Dusan