Good Afternoon and thank you in advance for any help that you may be able to provide.

QUESTION 1 : How do you reclaiming ibdata space?

We have 3 databases that together use several ibdata files (ie each database does not
have its own ibdata file) .  We would like to drop 2 databases and reclaim the ibdata
space that the 2 databases took up.  What is the best way to do this?

QUESTION 2 : Can you have multiple MySQL Instances that contain one database and a
seperate ibdata spaces?  Is this the best way to create seperate ibdata files for each
database?  What would you recommend?

QUESTION 3:  How can you defrag a database instead of a table?

We have found that you can defrag a table: "From MySQL Manual: The way to do the
defragmenting is to perform a 'null' alter table operation ALTER TABLE tablename
TYPE=InnoDB."  We would like to do this for the complete database.

Thanks again for any help.

Respectfully,

Mike