Schmuck, Michael wrote:

I've got a big problem. My MySQL server has yesterday lost data since 20th
january. Yesterday at about 14 o'clock we resartet the demon on our bsd server since
september 03. I belive the deamon
didn't wrote the data into the files. At the restart of the database he
loaded the "old" files and lost erverything newer
then 20th.

What do you mean: he loaded the "old" files and lost everything newer than 20th.

Did he restore from a backup tape?  If so, then it's probably
a problem with your backup system not properly backing up the
mysql tables.   While the Mysql process is running, the files
are in-use by Mysqld, and many tape-backup programs cannot
properly copy files that are in-use.