Tom O'Neil wrote:

> I've been running an application on WebSphere 5.0
> (Linux) that uses the MySql Connector/J 3.10 to
> connect to a MySql-max 4.0.15 database (also on
> Linux). All was working fine, until I recently
> installed WebSphere 5.1. Now my datasources
> (configured exactly as before) no longer work -
> WebSphere seems unable to find them. When I start the
> server, I get the following error when my application
> starts:
>
> [2/19/04 16:04:40:481 EST] 3c6d95c5 DSConfigurati W
> DSRA0174W: Warning: GenericDataStoreHelper is being
> used.
> [2/19/04 16:04:40:891 EST] 3c6d95c5 ConnectionFac I
> J2CA0122I: Resource reference jdbc/staging could not
> be located, so default values of the following are
> used: [Resource-ref settings]
>
>       res-auth:                 1 (APPLICATION)
>       res-isolation-level:      0 (TRANSACTION_NONE)
>       res-sharing-scope:        true (SHAREABLE)
>       res-resolution-control:   999 (undefined)
> [Other attributes]
>
> isCMP1_x:                 false (not CMP1.x)
> isJMS:                 false (not JMS)
>
> Has anyone else had problems with WAS 5.1 access MySql
> datasources?

Tom,

Make sure you're using
'com.mysql.jdbc.jdbc2.optional.MysqlConnectionPoolDataSource' as the
datasource implementation class that you plug into your WebSphere
config...For some reason, no other classes (Driver or plain DataSource)
seem to work in 5.1sp1 or newer.

FYI, I just tested this yesterday in WS 6.0 preview, and it has the same
issue.

        -Mark

- --
Mr. Mark Matthews
MySQL AB, Software Development Manager, J2EE and Windows Platforms
Office: +1 708 332 0507
www.mysql.com

Meet the MySQL Team! April 14-16, 2004 http://www.mysql.com/uc2004/