At 04:40 PM 2/23/2004, you wrote:
Hello List:

This is the basic of the basic question. I have recently installed and
tested MySQL and am happy with it. Now I want to setup a production server.
I notice that there are two MySQL products listed on the MySQL org site (1)
MySQL & (2) MaxDB MySQL.

My question is; which of these two products to use? I personally like to use
MaxDB but I am not sure why is it better than regular MySQL?

Thanks.

Kirti

Kirti,
If you don't know why you need MaxDB, then you don't really need it.<g> MySQL is better supported and is likely faster (and cheaper). There has been very little talk of MaxDB on this mailing list because it is for big iron machines (SAP).

Unless you're in a corporate environment and you think you need an enterprise solution (like Oracle) then you may want to try MaxDB.

http://searchenterpriselinux.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid39_gci937988,00.html
http://sniptools.com/vault/maxdb-the-enhanced-sap-database-from-mysql.htm
http://mysql.bigbiz.com/products/maxdb/

Mike