Hi list,
  I'm trying to get mysql replication set up for a distributed development
environment.  The master is the production server, whereas the slaves are
part of the developers' sandboxes (on their own machines).

The master machine is using MySQL 4.0.15, the slaves a nice mix of 4.0.15+
and 4.1.1

Some questions:
1) If the master has other databases for other applications, how can I set
up the slaves to only replicate the relevant databases?
2) If the slave changes data, is there any preferred way to "revert" to what
the master has? or just drop table; load table from master;?
3) The master currently slurps in rather large amounts of data via load data
from file on a daily basis (actually it imports the same data into a few
tables - including temporary and processes it in different ways from each
one).  This (I think it's this) is leading to a huge discrepency in the size
of the databases on the master, and the size of the binlog on the master...
currently the master's databases take up about 100MB, but the binlogs take
up close to 1GB!!!  Is there any way to safely roll-over the binlogs to
clear up space?
4) I'd like for the slaves to authenticate and replicate over SSL, but the
SSL documentation seems a bit sketchy...  I've got SSL support set up on the
master (I think I do - I have no idea how to test it), and I added
MASTER_SSL=1 to the slave when I did CHANGE MASTER, but I have no clue how
to test it.
5) (Last but not least) I'm getting a funny error message on one of the
slaves:
040224 14:00:51  Slave: Error 'There is no such grant defined for user
'irep1000
1' on host '%'' on query 'REVOKE ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* FROM
"irep10001"@"%"'. De
fault database: 'mysql', Error_code: 1141

I've got no clue what it's trying todo - I thought that the grant tables
were not replicated ever?

Thanks in advance for any pointers!

  Issac