Hello List:

I have installed MySQL Master Server from Binaries 4-5 times without
problem. Now I am installing MySQL CLIENT from source and have run into
problem, as explained below:
        Download "mysql-5.0.0-alpha.tar.gz" in  /usr/local
                % cd  /usr/local
                % gunzip < mysql-5.0.0-alpha.tar.gz  | tar -xvf -
                % cd mysql-5.0.0-alpha
                % ./configure   --without-server   --prefix=/usr/local/mysql
                % make
                % make install
                % scripts/mysql_install_db

When I run the last line "scripts/mysql_install_db", I get an error message
"No such file or directory".  I have looked into "scripts" folder and ther
is "mysql_install_db.sh".

Has anybody else experienced the same problem? What is causing this error?

Thanks in advance.

Kirti