Hello all:

I have 2 machines, Primary and Secondary.  The updates
on the Primary are being replicated on the Secondary
via MySQL Replication.

Additionally there are updates to specific tables
(Alarms) that are more important than other updates.
I do not want the Alarm updates to be queued behind
the other less important updates.  I would want the
Alarm updates to get be prioritized ahead of the other
updates to get replicated immediately.

I do understand that MySQL replication is fast.
However we have a decently write-heavy system and
there is the possibility of the Slave lagging the
Master.  If the Master goes down during this situation
the idea is not to lose the Alarms because they got
queued up behind the less important updates.

To solve this issue, I could only think off running 2
separate MySQL processes, one process to handle the
important tables and other process to handle the
others.

Is there are better way to handle this requirement?

All feedback is most welcome.  Thank you.

Gowtham.