Fred, Jim,

Thank you very much for your kind help! I still have other questions about the MySQL
operation.

If a service host is redundant, one is in active status, the other is standby. I want
to make the following operation .

1. database backup.
This is done on the standby one with the following command.
        mysqldump --opt --quote-names --flush-logs database_name > database.backup

2. database restore.
Restore the database with the previous backup. I am not sure what to do. I guess there
will be two methods to finish this.
        * disconnect the two host and make operation on each one individually as
following
                mysql database_namve < database.backup
        Then restart Mysql.

        * do restore on the active one with the following command. Because the standby
host are the backup of the active one. So the data on both of the hosts will finally
be identical in the end.  I don't know whether it will be in such case.
                mysql database_namve < database.backup

 If my description is wrong, Would you please let me know the correct methods?

Thanks!

Lenny Li
LSS-MI Development, R&D, Lucent Qingdao
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   86-532-8702000-5033