At 16:40 -0500 2/27/04, Tucker, Gabriel wrote:
Paul

I am running the query in mysql.  Just:
   select * from table;

The other user is doing the same thing. I am not what parameters he is using when he connects, I'll find out.

Thanks
Gabe

Try this:

mysql --print-defaults

to see what options mysql is using.

-----Original Message----- From: Paul DuBois [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Friday, February 27, 2004 2:10 PM To: Tucker, Gabriel; [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: Re: Privileging

At 10:55 -0500 2/27/04, Tucker, Gabriel wrote:
Hello

I have a user that is granted all privileges for their database.
When they run a select * on a table in that database, the request
fails after about 1000 records.  When I run the same query as root,
I have no problems.  Consequently, I believe this is a permissioning
problem.

The other user may be running with the --safe-updates or --i-am-a-dummy option. This restricts DELETE/UPDATE, but also keeps SELECT from returning large result sets.

What program are you using to issue the query?

Since I have granted this user all privileges on their database, I am not sure what could be wrong.

I appreciate any assistance.

4.0.16 - Unix

--
Paul DuBois, MySQL Documentation Team
Madison, Wisconsin, USA

MySQL Users Conference: April 14-16, 2004
http://www.mysql.com/uc2004/