> I do not approve or disapprove of your choice of Postgres over MySQL.

I don't profess to be a postgresql expert, i'm still learning about it.. but a quick
glance at the documentation tells me that the only option would be to use pg_dump
utility which creates a sql file.  I haven't looked at one of these files but I guess
to do a point in time recovery you would delete all of the sql after that PIT.

You could also possibly write a script to backup the data in individual tables by
locking the table and then 'selecting' out the data like in mysql.

Like I said, i'm not an expert in either mysql or postgresql and each dbms has its
place.. Its just I would probably use postgresql for a more critical database.
Actually, if the database is critical i'd be using oracle.