David wrote:

>> Are you sure about quality?  Check out:
>>
>> http://sql-info.de/mysql/gotchas.html

Those have nothing to do with the quality of MySQL.

>> I don't think i'd trust it for anything critical
>> unless you very confident your developers know what they are doing.

Would you trust anything to developers who do not know what they are doing?

As a _novice_ developer I learned the noted aspects of MySQL: it's part of knowing how
the database works and how to use it, and not terribly sophisticated.

I think if a database developer would not get into that level of detail, you are going
to have problems no matter what database they use.

That said, postgresql may be a fine choice.  Enjoy.

Eric