Joshua J. Kugler wrote:
In the manual that came with MySQL 4.0.17 (at least in the Mandrake packages of such) it says I can use %f to get the microseconds in a DATE_FORMAT call. This does not work, however, and searching the archives reveals that %f was only added in 4.1.1. So..which one is correct? The release announcement or the 4.0.17 documentation? Is there a way to get sub-second resolution in 4.0.17, or must I rely on my application?

Joshua:

The truth is determined by the way things actually are, and not by how they are documented :-) MySQL documentation is always for the latest bleeding edge version, and, in theory, should mentioned when the feature was introduced if it is fairly new, and not just in the Changelog. Unfortunately, it does not always happen. In this case, I believe the feature was introduced somewhere in 4.1. In fact, it would have to be - in order to give ms of a timestamp you need to store it with ms precision - a change that I would not expect to see mid-version.

Thanks!

--
Sasha Pachev
Create online surveys at http://www.surveyz.com/