Hi,

I am running 4.0.4 using innodb tables on a linux box.

My innodb config is
innodb_data_file_path = ibdata1:1800M;ibdata2:1800M;...ibdata10:1800M
set-variable = innodb_mirrored_log_groups=1
set-variable = innodb_log_files_in_group=3
set-variable = innodb_log_file_size=500M
set-variable = innodb_log_buffer_size=30M
set-variable = innodb_buffer_pool_size=800M
set-variable = innodb_additional_mem_pool_size=150M

My question has to do with innodb's usage of the redo log files.
Currently they are:
  524288000 Mar 11 11:19 ib_logfile0
  524288000 Mar  3 08:59 ib_logfile1
  524288000 Mar 11 11:19 ib_logfile2
I always see them timestamped like this, with two having identical
times, or the same within a minute or two. The particular pair of
the three having the same timestamp varies.

I was under the impression that mysql would cycle through these
logfiles - e.g. write to logfile0 until it is full, then switch
to logfile1 until full, then logfile2.., then logfile0, etc.

This doesn't appear to be the case.  Has anyone run across this
before?

(My goal is to reduce the size of the logfiles so that the
time between switching is on the order of a couple hours rather
than days.)

Thanks,
John