I installed mysql under RedHat 9 with
mysql-standard-4.1.1-alpha-pc-linux-i686.tar.gz but when I try to start the mysqld
with the sentence "./bin/mysqld_safe &" it gives me this message:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] mysql]# ./bin/mysqld_safe &
[1] 2341
[EMAIL PROTECTED] mysql]# Starting mysqld daemon with databases from
/usr/local/mysql/data
040312 08:33:47  mysqld ended

[1]+  Done                    ./bin/mysqld_safe

in other side the mysqld don't appears in the services window of Red Hat, ¿how do I do
this?

Thanks

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.