I didn't think this was too hard when I first created it, but now that I'm loading test data it's not working as expected.

The core of the query is three tables: Event, Contact, and Regarding. There can be zero or more Contacts for each event and zero or more "Regardings" for each event. There are also 7 left joins I do to get other linked data, but that's working fine.

So, the question is, how do I get a list of events with possible multiple contacts and multiple regardings?

The problem I run into with my current query is that it fails when there are no contacts or regardings for an event. Is this possible in a single query? Here is a short version of my current query.
SELECT DISTINCT EventID, Contact.Name, Regarding.Name
FROM Events, Contacts, Regarding
WHERE Events.EventID=Contacts.EventID AND Events.EventID=Regadings.EventID

It is possible that I can make the Contacts database a one to many relation since 99% of the time there will be an associated contact record. I can make a "dummy" record for the 1% exception, but it feels "unclean". But if it makes it easier, so be it.
Right now I am running 4.0, but I'm not tied to any version yet.

Thanks
--
Brent Baisley
Systems Architect