Egads you're right! I've been overthinking this. There must something else wrong in my query.

Thanks for the hit over the head. I needed it.

On Mar 16, 2004, at 10:37 AM, Harald Fuchs wrote:

When you specify a left join, you will always get the same number of
records as are in your primary join table (barring other filters). So
a left join assures that I get all the events, but leaves out the
related contacts and regards if there is more than one.

What are you talking about? A left outer join gives you the same records as an inner join, plus one "fake record" for each row of the left table without a match in the right table.
--
Brent Baisley
Systems Architect