Arunachalam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have downloaded *bk-3.0.4-x86-win32.EXE* from
> When I try to install it ask for;
>
> ***
> This release of BitKeeper requires the Cygwin version 1.5.5 . If you
> have already installed a older cygwin release, you should upgrade to
> cygwin 1.5.5
> *WARNING*: This install script will force all cygwin mount table
> entries to binary mode. You should skip this if you have customized
> mount setting. Do you want to install cygwin 1.5.5 now?
>                                                              ****
>                                    (Cygwin is comes under unix!!)
>
> If I press Yes --> it further say error
>
> ****
> An I/O error occured while installing a file.This is normally cauesd
> by bad installation media or a corrupt istallation file.
>                                                              ****
> and shows ABORT  and RETRY button, if I press RETRY it never improve
> in installation just stay idle... and If I press ABORT it get aborted.
>
> Also when I visit the URL
> http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Installing_source_tree.html
> and it seems that instructions given for working under
> Unix platform - right?
>
> Could I get the Source code of MySQL for testing with Windows?...

If you want to install MySQL from the latest development source tree, you should first
make Windows source package and then compile it:
        http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Windows_BitKeeper_Build.html
        http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Windows_VC++_Build.html

  /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /    Egor Egorov
       <___/   www.mysql.com