A quick question for the hardcore MySQL experts out there.

I have a simple table;

-------------------
ID varchar (PK)
DATA longblob
-------------------

This table is a simple persistence cache for one of our servers. It regularly INSERTs and SELECTs into this table data of approximately 2KB - 200KB, although the majority of inserts are around the 2KB mark.

No fancy queries are ever performed, merely a single SELECT on a given key and no range queries are ever done.

So with that in mind, I just noticed the table was created as a MyISAM. In your experience how does this compare to a table using INNODB? Should it have been created as a INNODB for better performance?

Any thoughts, insights, would be listened to intensely! :)

thanks

--
Alan Williamson, City Planner

w: http://www.BLOG-CITY.com/