Scott Plumlee wrote:

I've looked through the PHP Cookbook and the MySQL cookbook and haven't seen a solution. I've thought about trying to make some unique hash with the data to be inserted but if there's another identical set of data, then the hash would match. I can't use a timestamp in the hash

I think I was trying to say I can't use the time that the row was created because I don't know if the timestamp value I get upon insert will exactly match the value I would get from something like a NOW() statement. IE, how do I know if the insert happens at the same moment I get a time value?

--

Scott Plumlee
PGP Public key: http://plumlee.org/pgp/ D64C 47D9 B855 5829 D22A D390 F8E2 9B58 9CBF 1F8D