Jochen Kaechelin wrote:
/usr/bin/mysqldump: Got error: 2003: Can't connect to MySQL
server on '212.87.142.236' (111) when trying to connect

Permissions are ok and I can modify the complete db with my php scripts.

where's the error?

Check - that MySQL server is running - that you use correct TCP/IP port when you trying to connect - that MySQL server is not running with --skip-networking option.

- MySQL-Server IS running
- I use the standard port 3306
- skip-networking ist not set

I can run the script without any problems on the machine the db running - I can you phpmyadmin to dump the database - everything is working well - but I'am not able to dump db with mysqldump from an other machine - by the way: I run debian/sid.

Check the firewall rules.

--
Sasha Pachev
Create online surveys at http://www.surveyz.com/