At 10:19 -0800 3/24/04, Craig Gardner wrote:
I need to get totals for the data in my database. I stumbled upon the "WITH ROLLUP" modifier (http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/GROUP-BY-Modifiers.html) and it appears to be exactly what I'm looking for, except for the fact that when I try to use it I get the following message:

This version of MySQL doesn't yet support 'ROLLUP'

The version of mySQL I have installed on this machine is "4.0.18-standard". Is there something I need to install/configure to get this modifier to work properly, or is there another way to get the totals I want.

The first sentence on that page states:

As of MySQL 4.1.1, the GROUP BY clause allows a WITH ROLLUP modifier
that causes extra rows to be added to the summary output.

-- Paul DuBois, MySQL Documentation Team Madison, Wisconsin, USA MySQL AB, www.mysql.com

MySQL Users Conference: April 14-16, 2004
http://www.mysql.com/uc2004/