News-

I have compiled mysql 4.1.1-alpha with the icc compiler using the options intel reported in their case study pdf.

specifically '-O3 -ip -unroll2'

The compilation was pretty ugly and threw up a lot of warnings.
I'm benchmarking now and I'll let you know what comes out of it.
yonah

Yonah Russ wrote:

Great! Thanks for the help.

Here is some more info, in case it's helpful- these are all the compile warnings from the make:

my_thr_init.c(67): warning #266: function declared implicitly
pthread_mutexattr_setkind_np(&my_fast_mutexattr,PTHREAD_MUTEX_ADAPTIVE_NP);

   ^

icc: Command line warning: ignoring unknown option '-fno-implicit-templates'
sql_string.h(20): warning #161: unrecognized #pragma
#pragma interface /* gcc class implementation */
^

icc: Command line warning: ignoring unknown option '-fno-implicit-templates'
icc: Command line warning: ignoring unknown option '-fno-implicit-templates'
sql_string.cc(20): warning #161: unrecognized #pragma
#pragma implementation // gcc: Class implementation
^

sql_string.h(20): warning #161: unrecognized #pragma
 #pragma interface                     /* gcc class implementation */
         ^

icc: Command line warning: ignoring unknown option '-fno-implicit-templates'
icc: Command line warning: ignoring unknown option '-fno-implicit-templates'

the rest I've posted already. thanks again yonah

Victor Medina wrote:

Hi!

OK, i have installed a fresh RH9 (i had the cd's here, altough i use a
SuSE 9 and Debian). I downloaded a fresh copy of mysql 4.0.18 and 4.1
(just to try).
I installed a complete develompent environment (gcc, bison, yacc, m4,
etc etc) and it compiles cleanly, again; with gcc, I will download the
icc just to try =)

Let's see what happens! =)

Best Regards!