On 25 Mar 2004, at 05:01, Sasha Pachev wrote:
Innodb to my knowledge does not allocate very much locally per thread, and should not allocate anything at all if you are not doing any queries.

That's what I thought.

Based on the test results you have reported, I would put your libc as the primary suspect,

I'm using the system libc which comes with Tru64 5.1B

and the next one would be bad build/compiler bugs.

I'm using the binary build as supplied by MySQL. I'm going to try compiling mysql myself, and see whether that makes any difference.

I would suppose that --skip-innodb just changes some memory allocation patters on startup, which possibly avoid triggering the bug.

Perhaps...

Tim

--
Dr Tim Cutts