Jonas Lindén <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 26/03/2004 07:56:18:

> Hello list, I am about to embark on a little repliction mission;) I
> was thinking about setting up a MySQL slave on my Windows box and
> replicate my MySQL 5.0 Master which runs on my Linux box. Could the
> mix of architectures become a problem? I also use innodb tables
> alot, are they replicateble? or are just MyISM tables replicatable.

The only problem we encountered was case significance in table (= file, for
MyIsam) names. Since you are going Linux->Windows, this shouldn't be a
problem - the other way round can cause problems unless you stick to lower
case only table names. The InnoDB tables should be no problem since
replication is done via the binlog, not by file copies.

      Alec