I send this last week and no one commented.
Has anyone run into this simmilar problem?

-----Original Message-----
From: Nestor Florez [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, March 18, 2004 10:28 AM

I have a php web application that has an admin page for inserting course
records and one for selecting course records
and a client page for selecting course record.
In the admin side I insert records with an "insert into Course_Eng" and I
select records witha "select * from Course_Eng"
In the client side I get records witha "select * from course_eng"

The kicker is that my client webbased select will only return 40 records (no
limits are being use) but my admin
webbased select returns 200 records.  I SSH into the server and when I check
the table "desc course_eng"
look good.
After scraching my head several times I found out that if  manually typed on
the server
my select statement as "select * from Course_Eng" I would get 200 records
back, but if I
typed "select * from course_eng" I would get 40 records.

Is this a bug? or a feature?

Whe I did a "show tables;", the table name is  "course_eng"  ther was no
table "Course_Eng"

If I remember correct in the SQL syntax the case should not matter?

I change all my inserts and selects to "Course_Eng"  that seem to work and
returned me the most records
My server is  a Mac OS 10.2 and the Mysql version is "server version:
4.0.16"

Any ideas?

thanks,

Néstor A. Flórez