It's been my experience that table names are case-sensitive in MySQL; you
must get the case exactly right to get data from the desired table. Mind
you, that is based on SQL issued at the command line. Your driver may make
case irrelevant for access from clients.

If your table name is 'course_eng', any "select *" query you do against it
with the same "where"/"group by" should give you the same result regardless
of whether you are running the query at the command line or from a program.

The strangest part of what you describe is that "select * from Course_eng"
returns *any* rows at all since you say this table does not exist; I have
always gotten a clear error message if I asked for rows from a table which
isn't there. Is it possible you *do* have a "Course_eng" table? Is it
possible that the "Course_eng" table is in a different database and your
program is reading it from a different database?

For instance, if your "real" table is "course_eng" and it is in database
Foo, could you have another table called "Course_eng" (note the uppercase
'C') in database Bar? If so, then maybe your program is doing a "use Bar"
and then "select * from Course_eng" while you are doing "use Foo" and then
"select * from course_eng"? I know that's probably far-fetched but it would
tend to explain the symptoms. Or could you have "course_eng" and
"Course_eng" in the same database, one with 200 rows and one with 40 rows
but a bug in MySQL is keeping you from seeing one of them??

Rhino