I thought LIMIT limited you to N number of CONCURRENT record. ie. limit
10 or limit 20

I believe Ross would like to select select 1000 records and then do a
sub select of records 1-20 and then 21-40 on this record set

Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Andy

On Fri, 2004-04-02 at 14:05, Andy Eastham wrote:
> Ross,
>
> You'll need to do an order by on both columns (so you'll need to index both
> columns in a compound index), then use the LIMIT keyword which is designed
> for exactly this job.
>
> Alternatively, unload the data using mysqldump, then edit the table
> definition to have an autoincrement column, then reload the data.
>
> Find more information in the manual at
> http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/index.html
>

> Andy

perl -e 'print qq^;@) [###]^^qq^z\.MY{eLQ9^'
in:control developer, Telindus, RG27 9HY
DDI: +44 1256 709211, GSM: +44 7810 636652