Awesome. Hope it works out.

Dan Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
04/12/2004 02:16 PM

        To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: Queries per second average

Victor Pendleton wrote:

>I agree with Peter, 50 queries per second is not a MySQL limit. Have you
>checked the slow
>query log or the *.err log file to see if anything is being logged or if
>`bad-performing`
>queries are causing this bottleneck? Have you checked your variables to
see
>what your
>`max-connections` variable is?

Hi Victor and Peter!

The connections limit was the first hurdle that I came up against. It
had been set to 50 connections. It did not take long for connection
errors to appear in the logs. The /etc/my.cnf file now looks as follows:

[mysqld]
datadir=/var/lib/mysql
socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
set-variable=max_connections=1200
set-variable=table_cache=2400
[mysql.server]
user=mysql
basedir=/var/lib

[safe_mysqld]
err-log=/var/log/mysqld.log
pid-file=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid

Slow queries do not seem to be a problem in relation to the amount of
total queries. The database has been running for an hour now with no
slow queries. When it is approaching 50 queries per second average it
seems the value could have been as high as 2000+; yet the amount of
queries would be very large at that point.

After inspecting the logs in more detail it seems MySQL thinks that
key_buffer_size variable should be increased dramatically. That has been
done and will let you know if it is successfull to fiz this limitation.

- Dan