Hi,

   I need help. I have my old mysql server running in my web server and I
   can't stop it for make the test of the new version (3.28 to 4.0). I
   have installed with compilation of the source code and configure my
   socket, var and port. I have make a config file with the --example:
[mysqld_multi]
mysqld     = /home/benoit/mysql/bin/safe_mysqld
mysqladmin = /home/benoit/mysql/bin/mysqladmin
user       = multi_admin
password   = multipass

[mysqld2]
socket     = /home/benoit/tmp/mysql.sock
port       = 3310
pid-file   = /home/benoit/mysql/var/pingouin.pid
datadir    = /home/benoit/mysql/var
language   = /home/benoit/mysql/share/mysql/english

And I start my MySQL with ./mysqld_multi
--config-file=/home/benoit/mysql/etc/my.cnf start 2
but when I execute that command line MySQL start and stop. In the log, I
can see just that:
mysqld_multi log file version 2.2; run: Wed Apr 14 13:01:02 2004

Starting MySQL servers

Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /home/benoit/mysql/var
040414 13:01:05  mysqld ended

Why the server do not stay online?

Thank you,
     Benoit Tremblay