At 16:03 -0500 4/20/04, Dirk Bremer (NISC) wrote:
I have a couple of questions concerning the MySql client program.

1. Are the option for the client program, i.e. --auto-rehash, etc.
documented anywhere? I searched the included HTML file and could not find a
reference to the client options. What does the --auto-rehash option do?
Heck, what do all of the rest of the options do?

mysql --help

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/mysql.html

2.When in the client program, what do the clear, ego, go, and rehash commands do? Is there documentation for these commands?

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/mysql_Commands.html

3. Speaking specifically of Win2K platforms, what would be required to install just the client program for other users to be able to access the database server program residing on a different machine?

Install MySQL normally, then throw away everything you don't need?

--
Paul DuBois, MySQL Documentation Team
Madison, Wisconsin, USA