Hi

I have been using MySQL server version 4.0.14 for the last six months in our project and it was running just fine. We use Linux AS 3.0 (kernel version 2.4.21-4.0.1.EL #1)

However, since last week we started to get the following error : ERROR 1030: Got error 127 from table handler ( please look below).

This happens when we are doing some load testing on our application server and there are around 20000 records in the table. We are doing only inserts and deletes from the table at the total rate of around 90 operations per second. Its has happened numerous time since the last few days.

Could anyone please let me know why this is happening and how do i go about solving this.

If I do repair table <table name>, it says that all the records are corrupted since the pointer is outside data segment. Then it deletes all the rows. However what I am looking for is a prevention of this problem instead of a cure

thanks a lot
bhaskar

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]$ mysql -uccd_user -pccd_user
Welcome to the MySQL monitor. Commands end with ; or \g.
Your MySQL connection id is 63458 to server version: 4.0.14-standard

mysql> use ccd_chkp_db;

Database changed
mysql> select * from USER_CACHE;
ERROR 1030: Got error 127 from table handler

mysql> desc USER_CACHE;
+-----------------------+----------------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| Field                 | Type                 | Null | Key | Default | Extra |
+-----------------------+----------------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| info_type             | tinyint(3) unsigned  |      |     | 0       |       |
| user_addr             | varchar(64)          |      | PRI |         |       |
| domain                | varchar(255)         |      | PRI |         |       |
| ip_version            | tinyint(3) unsigned  |      |     | 0       |       |
| ip_addr               | tinyblob             |      |     |         |       |
| port                  | smallint(5) unsigned |      |     | 0       |       |
| security_key_k1       | tinyblob             |      |     |         |       |
| security_key_k2       | tinyblob             |      |     |         |       |
| reg_ttl               | int(10) unsigned     |      |     | 0       |       |
| cseq                  | int(10) unsigned     |      |     | 0       |       |
| call_id               | varchar(255)         |      |     |         |       |
| timestamp             | int(10) unsigned     |      |     | 0       |       |
| vocoder               | smallint(5) unsigned |      |     | 0       |       |
| protocol_ver          | tinyint(3) unsigned  |      |     | 0       |       |
| sdb_flag              | tinyint(3) unsigned  |      |     | 0       |       |
| qsk_ttl               | smallint(5) unsigned |      |     | 0       |       |
| time_zone             | smallint(5) unsigned |      |     | 0       |       |
| home_carrier_id       | tinyint(3) unsigned  |      |     | 0       |       |
| current_carrier_id    | tinyint(3) unsigned  |      |     | 0       |       |
| region_id             | tinyint(3) unsigned  |      |     | 0       |       |
| omd                   | varchar(38)          |      |     |         |       |
| PNOffset              | smallint(5) unsigned |      |     | 0       |       |
| sid                   | smallint(5) unsigned |      |     | 0       |       |
| nid                   | smallint(5) unsigned |      |     | 0       |       |
| restriction_size      | int(10) unsigned     |      |     | 0       |       |
| restrictions          | mediumblob           | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| request_uri_user_addr | varchar(16)          | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| request_uri_domain    | varchar(253)         | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| subscriberId          | varchar(64)          |      |     |         |       |
29 rows in set (0.04 sec)