--- Bruce Vander Werf wrote:
> I am developing a php/mysql web application, and I
> am facing the task of
> storing application settings. Because it is web
> based, I will need to
> read the app settings on a per-session basis.
>
> I see one of two choices here - store each setting
> as a separate record
> in the table, with the value always stored as a
> string, or store one
> record with a separate column with the appropriate
> data type for each
> setting.
>
> How have others done this? What method is the
> fastest/most
> flexible/easiest to maintain and extend?
>
> --Bruce

There are many different options. php-general list
might have something in the archives.

Usually my preferred method is storing application
wide settings and commonly used functions in a file
that is included on each page.

<?php include 'common.inc.php'; ?>

You might also take a look at parse_ini_file()
http://www.php.net/parse-ini-file

olinux