>> --Bruce
>>

> There are many different options. php-general list
> might have something in the archives.
>
> Usually my preferred method is storing application
> wide settings and commonly used functions in a file
> that is included on each page.
>
> <?php include 'common.inc.php'; ?>
>
> You might also take a look at parse_ini_file()
> http://www.php.net/parse-ini-file
>

> olinux

Unfortunately there is no standard way, i use a directory called includes
and within that include_top.php includes global stuff across pages and a
functions.php for functions and defines.php for defining constants.
parse_ini_file is ok , i have used a modified function to allow multiple
lines, although i am trying to go xml. I quite like how xml is used within
java as an application and deployment descriptor. If only PHP has
something similar, where it defines what classes are used within the app ,
security etc ..