I hope this isn't an inappropriate list for this...

I have been trying to get ESRI (ww.esri.com) to consider supporting MySQL as a backend Database. They informed me that MySQL doesn't have all the features required to support ESRI's products. Since the alternatives are Oracle and SQL Server, and Oracle is prohibitively expensive, I'm wondering if your MySQL AB has considered contacting ESRI to see what their requirements are. ESRI is the standard for GIS systems. It would seem to me that if your database could be used by ESRI that you might get tens of thousands of new customers all over the world.

I'm wondering if anyone else has probed exactly what is missing in MySQL that makes it inappropriate for use by ESRI.

Regards

Doug P