In the last episode (May 12), Larry Lowry said:
> Well I'm trying to move to MySQL from the MS SQL Server world.  Most
> data elements are easy except for the uniqueidentifier.
>
> In the MySQL world what is the preferred/best way to store a
> uniqueidentifier?  The easiest would just be a char(36).

What is a "uniqueidentifier"?  36 chars sounds like a uuid, in which
case a char(36) is probably the most transparent.  If you convert them
to raw form they will fit in a binary char(16), though.  You could even
write uuid_to_string and uuid_from_string UDFs to simplify conversion.

--
        Dan Nelson
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]