Hi again,

I got the MONTH() selection thing working now, but it seems like I'm not
getting the hang of the concept with the sql date..

With PHP and a UNIX timestamp I would just insert a timestamp, the
select it and after selection, go ahead and manipulate it to fit my
needs, like extracting day names, months etc.

With the sql date it seems that all manipulation with dates has to be
done during selection. Which would make sense somehow, since it's a
query language.. I'm just wondering, why I should use readable dates, if
it's so much harder to get where I need to, instead of sticking to unix
timestamps and manipulate these with PHP functions?

What I want to do is:

Select every row from the current month and year with:

SELECT id, datecol, text FROM table WHERE MONTH(datecol)
=$mySelectedMonth;

then output the different parts of the date like: Monday, 10.05.2004

or do I have to get all this within the query?

Thanks for your patience and time reading this rather long post and
maybe offering some enlightening explanation?

Regards,
Holger