I'm a newbie trying to follow a tutorial. The tutorial says to type:

mysql employees <employee.dat

I already am at my mysql prompt in Terminal. I have employees as the open database. I
have employee_data as an existing table with 1 manually entered record. I have
employee.dat as a text file with lines such as:

INSERT INTO employee_data (f_name, l_name, title, age, yos, salary, perks, email)
values ("Mary", "Anchor", "Web Designer", 26, 2, 85000, 15000, "[EMAIL PROTECTED]");

I see an 'employees' locked folder in /Library/MySQL/var/

Where should this text file be placed such that the command will work and import the
records as the tutorial is trying to get me to do?
--

Robert Ameeti

The church is near but the road is icy; the bar is far away but I'll walk carefully.